Professional-style restaurant management requires modern equipment, including a cash register. Mechanized cash registers, store equipment and software are very important in the sale of restaurants and coffee shops where customers are served by waiters, and also for better and faster service. In large restaurants and cafes where orders are usually made by waiters, there are usually problems such as lack of There is a correct registration of the order by the waiter, late preparation of the order due to forgetting or delay in notifying the kitchen of the order.
It can be said that the high competition between restaurants in Iran to attract regular customers is an issue that has always existed. But in recent years, with the improvement of the quality of service in large restaurants and cafes, it is the attention to detail that makes your customers satisfied. In this area, ordering is usually done by waiters who sometimes face problems.
This factor causes dissatisfaction of your customers and makes investment and profitability of your restaurant difficult; Issues such as “not registering the order correctly” by the waiter, late preparation of orders or even forgetting and delaying the notification of the order to the kitchen, etc. are technical issues that can be solved with simple solutions and can prevent your big losses in the long run. . If you are equipped with the technologies available in this field. In this article, we have good recommendations for you.
First step: order registration
In a professional restaurant, after entering the cafe or restaurant, the customer is greeted by the waiter and directed to a table to sit, and then they choose their food and drink from the menu that is provided to them, then through the pager installed on the table. They call the waiter or wait for him to register their order.
The ordering process is done by the waiter visiting each table and placing the order using a tablet and special ordering software that are connected to the central software installed on the cash register via wireless network (WIFI). Then, the registered orders of each table are automatically sent from the main software to the receipt printer in each area (for example, cold bar, hot bar and kitchen), for preparation.
Second step: Settlement
After finishing the meal, the customer returns to the waiter to settle the bill and asks him for the bill. The waiter, through the restaurant’s specialized software installed on the cash register, prints the invoice in the form of an 8 cm wide receipt printed by the receipt printer and presents it to the customer, then the customer pays the bill through the card reader. Mobile, cash or going to the fund.
Equipment needed in a professional restaurant
- Mechanized cash register: Depending on the size and crowd of the shop, you need one or two mechanized cash registers. With the installation of specialized restaurant or coffee shop software, a professional and fast cashier will start for you.
- Specialized restaurant software: for order registration, sales and accounting operations, you need a central version to install on your store cash register.
- Receipt issuing printer: To deliver sales invoices to customers, you need a receipt issuing printer next to any mechanized cash register.
- Cash drawer: You need a cash drawer next to the cash register of your store to keep the paid cash in an orderly and safe manner.
- Network kitchen printer: In order for the cook or the manager of the cold or hot bar to be informed of the customer’s order as soon as the order is placed, it is necessary to have a network printer in different parts of your cafe or restaurant.
- Order-taking tablet: Each of your restaurant or coffee shop waiters needs an order-taking tablet equipped with specialized order-taking software to register customer orders in an accurate and mechanized manner.
- Access point: (if connected wirelessly): In order to connect ordering tablets to the cash register and central software, depending on the size of the shop and the distance of the tables from the cash register, you need one or more “Access Point” devices for wireless connection.
- Waiter Pager: In order to facilitate the service process and the access of customers to waiters, the number of tables, pagers and the number of waiters in the restaurant or coffee shop need an alarm clock.
- Bank card reader: Placing a mobile POS device next to each store cashier speeds up payment operations.